January 14, 2012

Ragi Roti


I used to prepare this for breakfast often. Usually I make this with only ragi flour, the usual way, but then tried this version with boiled potatoes recently. I find this easier to make and ofcourse more tastier. My daughter definitely loves this one more!

Ingredients:
Ragi flour - 2 cups
Boiled potato - 1
Chopped onions - 1 cup
Green chilly - 2-3nos as required
Curry leaves
Chopped corrainder leaves - 1/4 cup
Salt as required.

Mash the boiled potatoes nicely. Mix all the ingredients together. Add water and make a smooth dough. Make equal sized balls. Keep a wet clean cloth on a flat surface (I use the backside of a flat plate which makes it easier for me) .Place this ball on it and press it with hand to make round shaped rotis (not very thin or too thick). Remove the roti and place it on hot pan. Add oil and cook it nicely both the sides.
You can serve it with coconut chutney or tomato sauce. It tastes good even without anything (as I did). You can sprinkle some cheese on top to make it appealing for kids :-)

2 comments:

  1. This is a superb idea!
    I always wanted to use ragi in some way but I can't take ragi balls so thanks for sharing this way out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anjali, thx for your comments, just added a photo

    ReplyDelete

User Comments & Reviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...